The Illinois Postsecondary Profiles (IPP) website originally launched in October 2019 with the first of three major elements available to the public at the time of its launch – Institutional Profiles. Learn more about the original phase of the IPP website from October 2019.
Today, the Illinois Postsecondary Profiles website rolls out a number of major features as the second major phase of the site’s development.
- Occupational Profiles, which provides users with opportunities to explore occupations and/or postsecondary areas of study (i.e., topics in which students major in college) by the 7 Illinois Career Pathways or by a keyword search or area of interest. Data about occupations is linked with both data regarding related areas of study and the postsecondary institutions in Illinois that offer these areas of study. Together, this provides a rich set of easy-to-access data that is unique among tools of this kind.
- Regional Profiles, which utilizes an interactive map (also known as a choropleth) that is currently organized by Illinois’ community college district boundaries, to display completion, enrollment, and population data. In the future, additional data sets and geographic boundary regions will be available for website visitors.
- IPP Data Center – A centerpiece of the IPP website since its debut has been the ability to download data presented on the website in its entirety. Given that this data comes directly from Illinois’ state agencies responsible for postsecondary education, being able to easily access these complete data sets is a great benefit to researchers in Illinois and around the world. With this release, the IPP Data Center has been significantly expanded with additional data available for download.
In a future release, the final major originally planned component of the Illinois Postsecondary Profiles will launch – Equity Profiles, which will support the exploration of data from postsecondary education across Illinois based on student demographic information.January 2021
Have you visited the IllinoisPostsecondaryProfiles.com website yet? Have you shared it with your school counselors and academic advisors? Students and parents?
The Illinois Postsecondary Profiles website brings together data from across multiple agencies in one interactive, easy-to-use website. Currently, visitors to the site can explore the full range of postsecondary institutions in Illinois.
New features that we want to highlight for end users includes:
- Download the Data – Researchers can download the data from across the site into a spreadsheet file with the link at the bottom of each page.
- Print and/or Export Data on a particular screen – Users can also take what they see on their own computers and print or export to a spreadsheet for future reference.
What’s coming next?
The next phase of the website, which is under development, will allow users to explore occupations and areas of study.
The Illinois Postsecondary Profiles website is a collaboration of the Illinois Board of Higher Education and the Illinois Community College Board, and it is developed and managed by Northern Illinois University’s Illinois Interactive Report Cards.February 2020
This week, the Illinois Postsecondary Profiles website publicly launched. The website is a joint effort of the Illinois Board of Higher Education and the Illinois Community College Board, and it is being implemented by the Illinois Interactive Report Cards Office at Northern Illinois University as is the Illinois Report Card website for school districts throughout Illinois.
The Illinois Postsecondary Profiles website brings together a wide range of data from a variety of sources and presents it in new informative ways for postsecondary institutions across the State of Illinois in this first phase of its roll-out. You can view this information by institution as pictured below.
You can even view information across institutions at the same time using the View schools side-by-side button as pictured below.
Future updates for the Illinois Postsecondary Profiles site are planned. The additional functionality that will result from these releases includes the ability to:
- Explore the data by occupation/major interest area
- Investigate the experiences of different groups of people in pursuit of their dreams!
We look forward to providing additional updates on these developments through the P-20 Network in the coming months and years.October 2019